Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

nokia 5130 at commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urs Friend

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i was trying to check whether my nokia 5130 supports AT command. When I typed AT in hyperterminal, it returned ok. Also I was able to send sms through it. But I could not read the sms using CMGR=1. Is it possible that this nokia set supports only some of the AT commands?

If your mobile returns OK in return of AT....It means it supports all the standard AT commands. SMS sending and reading commands are standard AT commands.
You can find a list of standard AT commands on internet.
Just make sure that the SMS you are trying to read is located at memory location you are giving in your AT+CMGR command, in this case 1. Or you can try AT+CMGL="ALL" command to list all the messages in the memory.

Regards,
Salman.

AT+CMGL="ALL" returns error. So i tried AT+CMGL=? (to check whether the set supports this command) but got error. Any idea?
In a blog I read that some mobile phone supports SMS sending commands not reading ones. Is this true?
Thanks for the reply.

some mobile phone supports SMS sending commands not reading ones
Might be true but i have not encountered any such set yet.

Any ways try other general AT commands (like ATI, ATZ, AT&F, AT&V, AT&W, AT+CSQ) to see whether it responds to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back