Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nokia 3310 lcd - don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

mugur

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I am a studen, a beginer in programing pic microcontrolers and I started a project using a pic16f877 and a
nokia 3310 lcd like **broken link removed**. I put together a code in hi-tec c and everithing works perfect in proteus simulation
but when I try to program the microcontroler nothing shows on the lcd... I don't know what am I doing wrong. I attached
below the code and also the proteus project.

View attachment Nokia 3310.exe

China made LCDs are different than original.You may find it with different pixel address.
The display uses the PCD8544 controller chip from Philips and were used in Nokia 3310 and 5110 cell phones. This chip is designed to run only at 3.3V and have 3v communication levels, so for 5V microcontrollers a logic level shifter is required (otherwise you could easily damage the display)

Yes I am using a 4.7k resistor

- - - Updated - - -

China made LCDs are different than original.You may find it with different pixel address.
The display uses the PCD8544 controller chip from Philips and were used in Nokia 3310 and 5110 cell phones. This chip is designed to run only at 3.3V and have 3v communication levels, so for 5V microcontrollers a logic level shifter is required (otherwise you could easily damage the display)

According with the producer specification, this lcd shield work with both 3.3V and 5V levels. This can be done by using the J5 connector (MCU connector). The backlights are working just fine at 5V. Below I put a link to the schematic pdf of this shield.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.