Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nokia 2mm power jack suppliers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I make a very tiny device and I need an ultra mini male jack on the device chassis, mated with a female one (or vice versa) at the charger cable.
The Nokia 2mm plugs is of interest as they are the smallest I know.

Does anyone have an idea where to find male and female ones to buy, instead of ruining a phone?

Attachments

• Nokia_2-mm_DC_Charging_Interface_Specification_v1_2_en.pdf
    272.4 KB · Views: 39

Years ago it was common to see earphones and power supplies ending with a 1/32 inch phone plug. Not sure about nowadays.

No this is not a phone plug, it is the reverse, a power jack. See here

3087213400_1460123897.jpg

[from http :// g01 .a.alicdn . com/kf/HTB1.fFBKVXXXXaLXpXXq6xXFXXX9/20pcs-lot-2mm-cable-For-nokia-CA-100C-CA100C-usb-2-0-data-cable-sync-charger.jpg]

the comparison to the standard USB.
The piece that fits on the cable can be found easily from such adaptors or old chargers. It is the piece that fots on the phone that is difficult to find.

Last edited by a moderator:

Power adapters often include an assortment of such plugs, in different sizes.

- - - Updated - - -

The 1/32 inch phone plug is a poor substitute. It is liable to short circuit momentarily when inserting or removing the plug.

- - - Updated - - -

Or if you need the jack, then my best suggestion is an electronics mail order house.

Status
Not open for further replies.