Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise simulation in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccw27

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do I simulate noise in cadence? What do I use for output probe instance and what do I use for input probe instance?

Thanks

Output probe instance is used for measuring the output noise that you are interested in. You can change it to voltage item then you just need to specified the positive and negative output node. Similarly, Input probe is used when you want to calculated also the input referred noise, and you can choose voltage type but put a voltage source to specify it. If you don't want to calculate the input referred noise, just put the input probe anywhere.

Actually I had the same problem with the noise analyis. It is not accepting any source as input source. Place a 'port' instance from the anlogLib library at the input where you want to analyse noise. Try this.

use .noise to simulate it

Yea its not allowing me to use dc voltage source as my input, you need to use port as the input. But port has 50 ohms resistance, is that ok?

Thanks

I can not say that exactly.That you should decide after seing the input impedance looking into the circuit from where you are connecting the port for noise analysis. If your input impedance is too low and comparable to 50 Ohm may be you ned to change the resistance..

If you doing noise analysis following a linear AC analysis you could use every voltage source type. If you use a periodic noise analysis you could use port and sine sources but nor dc sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back