Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise Simulation in a fully differential Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderTheGreat

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mit noise simulation

Hello,

I need to do a noise simulation with a fully differential OP-AMP with CMFB.
The first stage is a Folded Cascode Amp, the second a Class AB Stage.
The CMFB Amp is a simple OTA.

My question: I use SpectreS, the noise simulation need as parameters the positive and negative output node and the input source. Well, do I have to simulate every input separate or both together with a voltage source between the two input nodes?
If i have to do the simulaten separate for both input nodes, which nods do I choose for the negative and positive output nodes in the simulation options?

Thanks!
Alex

spectre noise simulation

first you have to understand what is noise of a opamp. simulation is same as measurement, you need the source of noise and the node you are interested the noise from the source.

spectre fully differential

Hi,

I want to know the input refered noise for calculating the SNR.
I know how to use the noise simulation for a single ended OP-Amp but I don't know how to make a noise simulation for a fully differential OP Amp.

noise of fully differential opamp

Hi Alex,
just put your expected input control impedance (equiv. resistor + (evt.) capacitor) between your input nodes; the output nodes are your (single ended) output and GND (or both nodes of a symmetric (double ended) output).
The Spectre simulation result tells you the noise contribution of your input source and those of all devices of your circuit, either in absolute values, or related to the input or to the output noise. I hope (for you), SpectreS can do the same! ;-)
Viel Spass bei (oder mit) dem "Laerm"! ;-) erikl

simulation,differential op

If you specify you input stimuli as shown on the picture, you can refer the output differential noise back to Vi without a problem.

simulating differential noise

don't know if you have noise simulation in SpectreS?

Re: mit noise simulation

Dear AlexanderTheGreat,
Do you have solved this problem?

AlexanderTheGreat said:
Hello,

I need to do a noise simulation with a fully differential OP-AMP with CMFB.
The first stage is a Folded Cascode Amp, the second a Class AB Stage.
The CMFB Amp is a simple OTA.

My question: I use SpectreS, the noise simulation need as parameters the positive and negative output node and the input source. Well, do I have to simulate every input separate or both together with a voltage source between the two input nodes?
If i have to do the simulaten separate for both input nodes, which nods do I choose for the negative and positive output nodes in the simulation options?

Thanks!
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back