Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise in the output of inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkbrq

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am tesiting a full bridge inverter with LCL filter. I am getting noisy waveform at the load (R = 300ohms).

The yellow one is load voltage while the green one is voltage across capacitor.
Switching frequency of inverter is 50khz. The filter used is LCL filter (L1 = 12.4mH(inverter side inductor), C = 8.99uF, L2 = 4.4mH(output side inductor))
Could someone please explain why I am getting this kind of noisy waveform and How can I remove the noise from the output?

Does your system switch off current through a coil by making it see high impedance suddenly? It needs to continue to generate current. High voltage spikes can result. These are probably the noise on your waveform.

It might be solved by a snubber network across your H-bridge. Possible a resistor and capacitor in series.

Hi BrodtheRad
Thanks for the reply. But there is no coil in my system where a current is abruptly stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back