Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise calculation of the common gate LNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonsense

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I've been reading some papers on the common gate LNA recently. I'm confusing by one of the noise issues: most of the papers say that the channel induced gate noise is decoupled and should be neglected, however, the other papers do account for the gate noise in the noise calculation. I'm wondering which one is correct, and why?

By the way, I found that one book written by A. van der Ziel titled "Noise in Solid State Devices and Circuits" was cited in almost all of those papers. I've searched this forum but found nothing, does anyone here have this book?

Best Rgds.

hi,

is here no one doing the common gate stuff?

Could you give us the reference of those papers?
Maybe common gate configuration (simple one without any feedback) is not choosed in LNA's because by theory the NF>3dB.
I hope it can help.
Mazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back