Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

noise analysis in Hspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian18

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, there
About Noise analysis in Hspice,
the syntax is
.Noise vnod srcname inter
now from the syntax, it seems that we must give .NOISE a source, but what if i just want to see the noise at output node due to,say,the channel noise of a MOS, or the noise of some resistors, while igoring all other noise sourses. how should i do

BTB, what is the purpose of specifying a source to the .NOISE?to get the input refered noise? then since from textbooks(Tom Lee's book ), there are two input referred noise sources--input referred noise voltage& I/R noise current, how to tell which one it is?(since .NOISE just divides the output noise by the transfer function )
i really screwed up . Can anyone help out there?

thanks.

Julian

Added after 2 hours 32 minutes:

anybody wanna shed some light on this?

Hi Julian,

If i understood correctly..You can try .LIN noisecalc=1 along with .ac analysis.

For this port element has to be defined which can act as a noiseless impedance or as
a voltage source in series with the port impedance.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back