Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

No RF signal in Sony WEGA TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nandulal

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends,
I'm facing one problem with Sony WEGA TV(21 inch). The problem is that when there is no RF signal then TV shows white pixels without muting the sound.

Here in my area loosing of RF signal is very common thing. So, I want to mute my TV when there is no RF signal. This feature is very commonly available in many TVs. But I don't know why this problem is there in Sony TV. AFAIK quality of Sony products is nice but this problem is strange.

So if anyone has any idea how to solve this issue then plz upload the suggestions.
Or any TV RF detection circuit which will generate mute signal.

Nandu

Sony WEGA TV problem

do you actually want to modify your TV???

Re: Sony WEGA TV problem

If there is no other way to do it then I can say Yes. As this problem is related with hardware so I think I've to modify the TV circuit or may add one extra small circuit in TV which will detect RF signal and send me some "High" or "Low" signal based on the RF presence.

Then the same signal can be used to mute the TV.

Nandu.

Re: Sony WEGA TV problem

If you don't have a VCR (videocassette recorder), you could buy a cheap one whith that "auto mute" function, and see the signal trough the VCR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back