Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

no convergence with Feko - horn antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

gland

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
no convergence iterative

I am starting using Feko and I have a little problem...
I have designed a hornantenna feeded with a waveguide excitation. I would like to calculate the S-Parameters. When I simulate only the antenna, I don´t have any problem.
Then I drew a dielectric Cuboid in front of the aperture of the antenna, I enabled volume meshing and I put a second waveguide port after this cuboid (I want to knwo how much power is transmitted through the cuboid)
I chose the meshing suggested by Feko.
But when I run Feko, the iterative solver has no convergence after 500 iterations. What could I do? If I force stopping for a residuum of 0.01, will the result be plausible?

Thank you for your help

Gland

port on cuboid feko

Can you upload your models?

cuboid antenna using feko

this is my model, but without meshing because i made it with FEKO Lite...
But in my labor, I am using FEKO with all its abilities!

Re: no convergence with Feko

The LITE version is quite limited, I assume your mesh size is too coarse (to fit into LITE) and this is causing the convergence problem. What about surface meshing for the dielectric?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back