Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

nfs_stat_to_errno: bad nfs status return value: 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilly

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bad nfs status return value: 11

Hi all,
I am using Linux environment to run Cadence IC5141. I am connecting to local server to run the tools. I login into the system using NIS account. From time to time, I always saw this error message (in my tty):
nfs_stat_to_errno: bad nfs status return value: 11

What does this message mean? I am using NFS in order to connect to some mount points. I can ls my local directory without much delay. I realized that when I start to cd into certain directory located in the NFS, by typing ls only, it will take some time before it is able to display the directory structure. What is happening behind? Any method/application/tools/command to view the process at the background? I would like to know the root cause of this.

Is it this error is due to server or my linux operating system configuration? Is it due to the NFS? If NFS use quite number of softlink, will this the root cause, I know using softlink is not good since a broken link may cause some delay and everytime getting into the softlink directory, the automounter will need to remount after a period? Any command in korn shell that I can invoke to verify all the softlink whether the link is working properly, it will be nice if the ksh command can pin point the missing link if this is the root cause. Can it be the automounter (amd) problem? Anyway or how to disable automounter so I can diagnosis this service in order to investigate the root cause?

Will hardlink solve all this problem? If yes, can anyone show me how to do a hardlink into existing softlink, adding the link into /etc/fstab?

Appologize for so much of questions but I truely appreciate if someone can spend some times in answering it. Thanks in advance! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.