Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NF of a LNA in AWR EM simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesuschrist

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I am designing an LNA on AWR. When I run the simulation without EM_Extract I get 0.47 dB NF. When I run it with EM on and X,Y cell size= 1 mm I get around 0.53 dB NF. When I decrease the X,Y cell size to 0.1mm it gives 0.61 dB NF.
My question is which one I should consider as more accurate? As the cell size goes down NF keeps increasing. My goal is to have NF<0.47 dB(Since it is the first stage of a 4 transistor cascade).

But those differences are so small, what you expected ??
If you use nonlinear model, its noise characteristic has already-mostly-an error factor and I guarantee you that will be much worse than this difference.

Small cell size captures skin effect more accurately, so some slight increase in loss is typical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back