Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

newdes encryption - yes there is newdes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thilaks83

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i cant find the source to study the newdes algorithm...i'l have to do the encryption using visual c++...i cant even find the source code for this algorithm to make a reference.....thank u.....

it was created in 1984 by Robert Scott...
newdes unlike des has no bit-level permutations,making it easy to implement in software....all operations are performed on whole bytes. It is a product cipher,consisting of 17 rounds performed on a 64 bit data block and make use of a 120 bit key.in each round,subkey material is XORed with the 1 byte sub-blocks of data,then fed through a round function,the result of which is then XORed with another sub block of data.in total, 8 XORs are performed in each round.the round function is derived from the United States Declaration of Idependence.
each set of two rounds uses seven 1-byte subkeys, which are derived by splitting 56 bits of the key into bytes.the key is then rotated 56 bits for use in the next two rounds......

this is wat i found in the net...not much to understand....if there was a block diagram about it then it would be better....

pls help me out ....
thank u....:D

Re: newdes encryption

NEWDES ? are you asking for
DES
or AES
or
3DES?
i don't think there is any NEWDES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search