Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie that wants to learn RF transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusteater

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to develop a circuit that will transmit a simple message via RF. The transmission needs to be approximately 300'. The message will consist of 2 "words" 1. a number to identify the transmitter, 2. a code to indicate the status. I have been trying to research this and I seem to understand a little. So I will recap. If I use 300-400 MHz then the transmitter need to shut itself off to be FCC compliant. The circuit is time sensitive so I think I should use 900MHz. I don't want to use something unreliable. I have been looking at RF Solutions, Linx and a couple others. I am going to use a microprocessor in the circuit like a PIC18F. On the transmitter end I will need USART and on the Receiver end I will need USART and USB. Are these assumptions correct? Any suggestions for transmitter/receiver modules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back