Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie in Sensors measurements design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssik

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic sht75

Hi all! I really need some advice from you guys because I am really lost.

I need to build a multiple sensing system for measuring temperature, humidity and force of the human finger.

Now I am in my prototyping stage.
For temperature and humidity i hv chosen SENSIRION SHT75 and for force sensing I have chosen PERATECH.

The problem now is the microcontroller. I Dont know which one to get. As I am a newbie, I am confuse between 8052 and PIC. Moreover I need a microcontroller that could control a few slaves(above 2), as 2 of the slaves are the 2-in-1 SHT75 sensor and Peratech force sensor.

Another problem is either choosing 8052 or PIC, could you guys recommend me the software for programming?

Lastly is the display part, any recommendation? Models for LCD or 7-segments display.

I have been browsing quite a long time for info before posting for help. Hope you guys can give me a hand.

Thanks a million.

Hi

Use the MSP430 microcontroller :

It's easy to debug since it use JTAG debugger attached to the cpu core insted of ICD who use a monitor program {software} inside the chip {pic}
It's easy to use and you can find all driver written in "C" language for all most every hardware exist.

for 8051 you can use the silabs 8051Fxxx chip who has a JTAG debuger build inside

All the best

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back