Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New version of gcc crashes when installing ghdl

Status
Not open for further replies.

harerama

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI All,
I working on GHDL, an open source VHDL simulator project,it consists of ghdl-0.29 and gcc 4.3.4. For my project purpose followed below steps to install on fedora 16.
yumdownloader --source ghdl
rpm -i ghdl-0.29-2.143svn.4.fc16.src.rpm
rpmbuild -ba ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/ghdl.spec
it compile sucessfully on gcc 4.6.3(fedora 16 default gcc version).
In ghdl-0.29 directory consists of ada files, I edited because of to solve bug in GHDL project,.next follwed procedure
on gcc-4.3.4 ./configure
make and make install.
once i done got error
"Ada compiler not installed on this system"
default version of gcc 4.6.3 changed to 4.3.4(Default version of gcc craches)
"No executables for gcc compiler, see for more details config.log"
Next deleted gcc 4.3.4 and reinstalled once again followed above steps But now getting different error
"gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory"(gcc version not changed as default 4.6.3)
" Ada compiler not installed on this system."

from google found many soluation like yum instll gcc-c++,gcc-g++, export path "not worked" for me
Thanks in advance
Regards
Raghavendra

from google found many soluation like yum instll gcc-c++,gcc-g++, export path "not worked" for me
In your error, it says Ada compiler not found, but seems like you've only installed c++ (gcc-c++)?
it compile sucessfully on gcc 4.6.3(fedora 16 default gcc version)
If it does, then why did you try to install an older version (4.3.4)?

> If it does, then why did you try to install an older version (4.3.4)?[/QUOTE]
Actually ghdl source code contains gcc 4.3.4 and ghdl-0.29 so in i done gcc 4.3.4 directory make and make insrall.

Status
Not open for further replies.