Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to Microcontroller application-- help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinod_g

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am new to using of Micro controller based application. In one of my case I need to read data from any sensor(eg. temperature sensor) and i want to use the available data for furthur applications. Could u please help in this regard. I need Hardware circuitry and software too(if needed) to capture temperature and send the data on to PC.

fist u will have to decide which controller do u want to use ,
there are variety of micro controller available
but initially one uses the 8051 (at least i started with it )
then u will have to decide which language u will use to program the controller

u will have to use either c or assembly

u will need a compiler plus the programmer for it

besause u need to read the data from sensor , u will have to use the ADC ,

for this it will be better if u use the Microcontroller with the built in ADC ,

after deciding all these things , u will need a good book about the Micro controller and the comipler

then u will be able in the position of reading the data of the sensor

i use the PIC controller which have the buiilt in ADC
and CCS compiler , which has good built in function to read the Analog value

An easy way to start is to visit Microchip web site and look at the development boards.
They offer a wide range of development boards that are quite cheap with everything you need to get started.

Check out a micro from ADI an ADUC845. It has a tempsensor (which is not so bad) buildin and lots of code you can use which is already done.

May be you can use LM35 Centigrade or LM34 Fahrenheit temperature sensor and for microcontroller pic12F675, 10 bit built in adc converter.

As an language for pic programming , I recommend basic compiler, easy to use and for this proyect , i think you can get easy to realize.

For basic editor , microcode studio is a free tool for basic compiler.

This is a link , not for use with pic12F675, but you can see the principle of operation, and then write your own program.

http://www.rentron.com/PicBasic/LM34.htm

Search this forum , you can get a lot of info about pic programming tools etc,etc.

I hope this information can help you.

Regards

Garfield

Thanks for all,, for ur great inputs i will take these valuable suggestions into account.

First of all, you need to decide what the best MU for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.