Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to Electronics! Conductors, insulators and semi-conductors

Status
Not open for further replies.

OXGN88

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am still reading my introductory book to electronics and some of the questions are a bit vague when looking back at the information provided throughout the reading. I understand the differences between conductors, insulators and semi-conductors, but the question in the book asks "Why is it essential to understand the relationship between conductors, semiconductors, and insulators?" I am wondering if this pertains to safety related knowledge since the very beginning of the book goes into electrical safety, which I did not go over. What do you guys think?

Read this free book, and try to understand purpose of each type of parts. Every part have purpose and reason way is used and when is needed. All is ok if you work on lower voltages, some parts should be sacrificed in purpose of learning, but if you are starter, then skip high voltage projects for now. For first projects you can use batteries, later some good adjustable power supply with transformer and fuse.

Understanding Electronics Components
author: Filipovic D. Miomir
https://www.mikroe.com/old/books/keu/00.htm

Thank you for the information. I have bookmarked the link and shall use it for references.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back