Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to allegro: Not able to place components

Status
Not open for further replies.

way2nitinp

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am trying to develop a board. I have done the schematic in Orcad CIS and created a netlist for the 3 .dat files and have no errors. I have also imported into Allegro and have no errors. But there are no symbols or rat nest on the .brd file I have loaded. From what I understand there should be all my component symbols connected together by a rats nest on top of the board I drew after the import. I go to Place->Manually and I can see all my refdes, but I do not have any package symbols for some reason. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

P.S. I'm working on a fresh install and the check-boxes to select components for placement are not there in the pull-down list.

Can someone please tell me what the problem maybe?

Thank You

Can someone please respond to this thread?

Thank you.

it might be due to your pad(.dra) and symbol(.psm) library has not been set correctly.

pls correct from Setup-> User preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back