Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New SOC / Encounter tutorial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ee171

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just recently upgrade to the new SOC (9.X)which has a totally different interface compared with what I used to (4.X). Anyone got a tutorial/design flow with this new upgraded software? Actually old material is also fine, I'm coming from Synopsys Astro. Thanks.

When you have the Encounter user interface opened, click on: Help --> Encounter User Guide. This is unfortunately a very large document due to the wide range of functions provided by Encounter. Since you have used Encounter before, I assume that you are familiar with the Encounter design flows, so it might be more insightful to click on: Help --> Encounter Menu Reference, which gives an explanation of the Encounter user interface. This should help you to understand what all of the buttons on the screen do and stuff. Otherwise, if you are more familiar with entering text commands in the terminal, go to: Help --> Encounter Text Command Reference, which gives a complete description of text commands applicable to Encounter.

Latest version of encounter is 101usr1 .. better to install this version and watch demo video in it..

Complete soc encounter scripts are also present as foundation scripts..

Aravind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back