Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] New engineer seeks FPGA/General project help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mspagon

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm just out of college, University of Texas - EE, and I am at a small company with no other hardware engineers and no one speaks English! I'm handed source code for a system on a PCB and need to figure it all out.

The system is quite complex. It has a communication board, FPGA, DSP, CPLD, ADCs, and whatnot. I have the source code for the DSP/FPGA/CPLD, except the previous programmer wrote it with very few (in Chinese) comments. I have spent the last 3 weeks reading all the datasheets, user guides, and software user guides for all the tools and hardware. But this hasn't helped much with understanding the system as a whole. I'm lost when it comes to the data-flow between each part. Where are the input and output signals of each module going?

What's a better way to understand the signal and data flow between modules and understand whats going on in the system?

I was wondering how they simulate such systems in industry. Is it possible to run software simulations on the combined Verilog and C code together, kind of like a higher level that incorporates both?

Thanks for everyone's help.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back