Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New development board for robotics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doraemon

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I hope it's the right place...
I would like to introduce a board I have developed as an "after 5" job.

It's called REOBoard. As explained on the website, it can drive simultaneously 4 DC motors
(500 mA each for this version) and 6 servos. You can also replace a pair of DC motors to drive
1 stepper motor.
The processor is a MSP430F5659 running at 24 MHz.
Among other interesting features:
- I have developed a scripting language for robots. For example,
if you want to do a servo loop (e.g. a potentiometer and a servo motor), it takes you only 5 ~ 6 lines
to write the program.
- It can also receive bluetooth messages, and the interesting thing is that I give the source code,
both for the microcontroller and for Android (it's already downloadable). I have also an iOS application,
not published yet. See the demo on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szZOTKKYvnU
- There is also an android voice recognition app, but it's still in a very early development stage.
It will be eventually delivered on the same website.

That's about it!

Dora.

Good work.

BT Latency and control hysteresis will be a challenge for fast driving.

PID loop control may help a bit with 0 deg steering calibration. e,g, or rate control for sharp left/ right ( high diff. gain (D)) and tilt for gentle steer (P) and level for auto zero 0 deg. (I) for straight line.

Not quite the same performance as WII IR Remote control but nice proof of concept and great user interface.

Hello!

Yes, I know what you mean. The commands look a little bit jumpy, but it's due to the message
pace that cannot be that high for BT4. Anyway, I didn't spend much time on the development, and
I'm sure there are methods to do it smoother. Anyway thanks for the feedback.

Dora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back