Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

new component footprint creation in orcad pcb editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAVANIKARNA

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi sir/madam,
iam new for orcad pcb editor software. iam having a problem while creating a new component footprint. how to create a component footprints in orcad pcb editor.
the problem is the footprint which i have created is not visible. in capture while iam selecting view footprint its showing blank. pls help me. its a urgent design. iam scaring to use this software. pls suggest me.

when u design a footprint it is stored as a library..have u included this library in your capture to enable it to show.
attached doc will help you not just for footprint but overall in Orcad.

Attachments

• OrcadTutorial.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 138

thaq u sir,
the pdf file is good. but in it layout software has been used for pc designing. iam using orcad pcb editor. pls tell me how to use pcb editor for creating new component footprint.

Have you tried hitting F1 and reading the help file?
They often have information on how to use the software, or the documentation that comes with it?

It sounds like you need to learn how to make components & parts etc in the software, starting with reading the help etc is a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back