Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Compiler for 8051. 8K full demo available

Status
Not open for further replies.

james

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
flexgate i core module

From a news I got just now.

---------------------------------------------------------------
uC/51 - Free 8kB Demo Full ANSI, Floating point supported!

I've just now released a highly optimising and FULL ANSI COMPATIBLE C Compiler for the 8051 family. The compiler produced a superior code quality (for SIEVE.C its module code size is 6% less than KEIL (uC/51 V1.00: 142 bytes, KEIL: 152 ;-).

After hollyday a new optimiser step will follow.
TCP/IP Stack almost finished.

An 8 kB limited Version is free for eval and educ. use, Full floating point
supported! TCP/IP Stack almost finished:

www.wickenhaeuser.com www.flexgate.com

this looks to be avery nice tool.
the chip flexget looks to be an fpga.
can u please comment?

thanks
hock

They don't give notice if fpga or not. However is likely it be.
You can download documents (many still in German) from **broken link removed**

They claim for an 8 bit core, so, for example, TCP/IP stack will not fully supported, though, for most of automated applications the full features are not needed and the product is well suitable, particularly for its low cost. **broken link removed**

it is cool that it generates smaller code size compared to ke*l, but a detail comparison would be a lot helpful. Single example and only optimize in code size are not enough evidence to make me a switch.

I am now using SDCC (complete free) in daily work, and use ke*l once the code is concluded as stable (we works this way because we just got 1 ke*l license)

Infact nobody has ever said you must have a switch. :)

In general I agree with you; many are the features to be taken into account in evaluation of a productive tool like a C compiler for embedded micros, and I still believe that Keil is on the whole a better product, under many points of view.

Any keil registered users (like you and me) will unlikely switchs over other ones.

However, you should agree the product is very interesting for features they claim and mainly for cost.

The reason I posted here is mainly due to code that is possible to compile with demo version, 8k. This is a wonderful news for beginners or peaple who cannot have possibilities to spend too much, but still want approuch seriously with 8051. 2k for Keil demo version is still a poor zize for most of applications, but very simple one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back