Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Neural Networks Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryptonite

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey,

I intent to study Neural Networks and Artificial Neuaral Networks (ANNs)

Can you suggest some good introductory textbooks and reading materials to get started in this field?????

I appreciate your help & thanks...

(I usually click the "Helped Me" button if you help me)

Book
"Fundamentals of Neural Networks"By Fausett
Publisher :pearson Education

This one is the most basic book for beginners.
After that you can start with any other book.

Regards

Robin

Yes, Fausett is a good book. You can also refer to Freeman, Skapura for introductory level. Simon Haykin can be refered for an advanced understanding. Let me know if you cant find these books on this forum. I can upload them.

It seems that the Simon Haykin book is not on the forum (old links are all dead).

Could I get it somewhere?

Thanks.

MathGeek said:
It seems that the Simon Haykin book is not on the forum (old links are all dead).

Could I get it somewhere?

Thanks.

That's weird!! i downloaded it recently via RapidShare using links posted here on EDAboard.... Look for it thoroughly buddy!!!

Kryptonite,

You can start learning neural network by studying the fundamental of Neural Network by Fausett. You can download this at rapidshare.com/files/9626743/Laurene_Fausett_-_Fundamentals_Of_Neural_Networks.pdf

After you study this, you can look for another book which has more detailed information. I don't have the softcopy of this book and also don't know where can download. You can refer to this site, **broken link removed**
There are sample matlab code of neural network as well. This book is good for advance learner, as there is matlab code together with explanation.

Still no luck finding Haykin's book

Nother question:

As an electrical engineering undergraduate, i don't have backgroung in Neurology & Neuroscience, Should I start readings in these topics before going to Engineering-oriented books on neural networks?? How deep should I go in Neurology & Neuroscience??

Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

hi
i thank if u begining in ANN u can read "an introduction to neural network" if dont have u can find it in australin university web sit
best regards

there is no need to study in detail about neurobiology to understand the engineering with neural network. most of the textbooks on ANN provide a good introduction on neurons to the extent that it is required. on the contrary, ANN is more mathematical than biological.

Agree...ANN is more mathematical than biological. It's totally mathematic and programming...

leekk8 said:
Agree...ANN is more mathematical than biological. It's totally mathematic and programming...

so glad to hear that!!! it's such a relief 2 me...

neural networks are a very exciting area .Where the avalaible model MIMIC the real biological thing .NEURAL network is a experimental area.Based on a BRAIN architecture .The only problem is that we don't have a MODEL ofa brain ..neither we understand how Neural networks behave.Is always useful to read Neuroscience works . to have a better grasp of the underlaying mechanisms of autoasociation and distributed processing that this type of machines can accomplish ..

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.