Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Network on Chip (NoC ) basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

aksheela

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi can anyone please clear my doubt. The network on Chip (NoC) is used only for the communication between the SoCs or it can be used for the communication between the different Processing elements in an SoC like adc, processor, tx-er etc., Thanks for any help

Thanks Hairo !!

I want to develop a low power NoC (regular and irregular) topology. i want to know how to write an NoC Topology coding in vhdl and how to simulate it in modelsim. can anyone please give me some examples for writing the vhdl code for NoC topologies.Thanks for any help

in the previous link i posted, it has an example of a noc design in vhdl from opencores. please look at it and start from there. then develop your own noc design by choosing what topology you want to have, router architecture, noc size etc. you need also to develop a network interface to act as an interface to the block that communicate through the noc. that's all i can help.

Thanks.

how to design a vhdl based router is there any literature or source code available please help

There is lots of literature available on architecture of a router, though u wont get any source code as such especially in VHDL. You start by chosing a topolgy (say grid or mesh) then you design a router for it. after that you start making your nodes based on these routers and interconnect them according to your topolgy. I designed one in verilog

There is lots of literature available on architecture of a router, though u wont get any source code as such especially in VHDL. You start by chosing a topolgy (say grid or mesh) then you design a router for it. after that you start making your nodes based on these routers and interconnect them according to your topolgy. I designed one in verilog

Thanks
can u sent the code for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back