Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Network of microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

prohan86

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am working on a project in which I have to connect a few(say 15) microcontrollers each of them located in different rooms. there is no requirement of high speeds, even 100b/s is good enough for this application..

so can any of the gurus here tell me how i can do it :?:

Regards,
Rohan

Hi:
You can use Rs-485 or earthnet. RS232is possiable also!
Good luck!

If you want go for wireless, zigbee is the best

Nandhu

Hello,

Think about master/slave you have to install if 15 Units are trying to play there card in this game.
My proposal: Build up communication using CAN (not so simple) or better because easier
take I2C and solve the problem of overcoming the long distance by using MAX232 each for each line data and clock. At the first sight maybe a bit strange but powerfull I assure you.
Have a look at the Philips Homepage and there you will find Application Notes describing I2C issues.

If you can not go on, I can help you.

HTH

Robby

Status
Not open for further replies.