Not open for further replies.

moottii

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,
I need to design a Network Interface Card (NIC).
Please can anybody help me what should I do , what hardware components are needed , or introduce a good website for tutorial?
Thanks in advance

I'm currently trying to build a Data Acquisition System (DAQ) on LAN (Ethernet) , which has one analog input and one digital output.
As you know , NIC's role is the link between data-link layer and physical layer in the OSI model.So I need to design NIC for the mentioned purpose
Please guide me what should I do.
Thanks

In practical technical terms, you want to use an ethernet controller. It comes with different ethernet (e.g. 10/100/1000 MBit) and host interfaces (parallel or serial data bus, specific processor busses like PCI). Some controllers are implementing the transport and network layer ("TCP/IP stack") in hardware, standard controllers are relying on software drivers.

A microcontroller with built-in ethernet interface would be an option.

You mean using a microcontroller as an "Ethernet controller" ?
Does the microcontroller have enough speed for ethernet ?
And if yes , what is your suggestion?
thanks in advance

I mean microcontrollers like ARM9 or PIC32 with built-in ethernet. But without knowing any application requirements, I don't have a particulary suggestion.

Hello again my friend
I searched a bit about "microcontroller as ethernet controller" and I faced s.th interesting.
**broken link removed**
this indicates that there are ICs which are able to interface with the PC via ethernet.
If it is possible , so what is the necessity of using a microcontroller with built-in ethernet?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…