Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Network Analyzer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

winglj

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hp8753 manual

Hi, everyone. Now I am using HP 8753 Network Analyzer to do 1-port S parameter measurement. If I want to save the data into a floppy disk, what kind of file does it save? Does it include real and image part of the reflection coefficient? It seems it's not correct.... is it related to the electrical delays??? Are there any reference or manual related to it, since I don't have the manual of the NA....

touchstone spar format

I think it saves s-parameter data in the CITI format.

Apparently HP have a utility to convert it to Touchstone (.s2p) format.

I found a perl script which was designed to work with data from HP8753D at:
http://tools.rfdude.com/s2putils.zip

Cheers.

winglj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hp8753d save data

winglj said:
Hi, everyone. Now I am using HP 8753 Network Analyzer to do 1-port S parameter measurement. If I want to save the data into a floppy disk, what kind of file does it save? Does it include real and image part of the reflection coefficient? It seems it's not correct.... is it related to the electrical delays??? Are there any reference or manual related to it, since I don't have the manual of the NA....

There are 2 way to add (or substract) a path to the reference planes: Port Extension and Delay. Both modify the spar.

If you don't need the delay or port extension, i suggest to save data only if on the left part of the screen appear only the label "Cor" and no more labels.

In any case i'll try to find an E-copy of the hp8753 to send you.

hp 8753 networkanalyzer

Hi, thanks for the reply, first...
In fact, I have tried to save the data using save/recall(hard)->Save State(soft)
and the other options setting is: SELECT DISK->INTERNAL DISK
And the data file format is DATAXX.D1.

And the content is:
CITIFILE A.01.00
#NA VERSION HP8753E.07.74: Oct 30, 2002
NAME DATA
VAR FREQ MAG 801
DATA S[2,2] RI
SEG_LIST_BEGIN
SEG 700000000 2200000000 801
SEG_LIST_END
BEGIN
-2.26928E-1,2.05749E-1
END

But it seems it is not the real and image part of the S22 which I use....

citifile format convert image agilent

Hi,

You can only get touchstone file format if you have a full 2 port calibration done. i.e. full-term. If I remember correctly, change data format to ascii with data array on then save state and you will get *.snp files.

Element7k

hp8753d manual

Element7k said:
Hi,

You can only get touchstone file format if you have a full 2 port calibration done. i.e. full-term. If I remember correctly, change data format to ascii with data array on then save state and you will get *.snp files.

Element7k
correct!
Agilent 8753 and 872x series may save all 4 spar only if the VNA is full2port calibrated.

Also, the math format (RI rather than MA) may depend on what the screen is showing. To get data MA formatted, you should display the smith chart (or polar... i don't remember exactly).

In any case, download spar from a VNA, often has been a tedious, non friendly operation.
If you have a GPIB card i suggest the use of Agilent Intuilnk for VNA. It's for free. It simplify drammatically spar download into the PC.

Re: hp8753d manual

Hi can you tell me how to perform port extension in HP8753 VNA.. are there any step by step describing manual available??
Thanks
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back