Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Netlisting Procedure for Cadence IC5

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutapanaki

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence netlisting+eldo

Hi,

I've been recently looking at the simInfo sections of some primitives
- transistors, resistors, etc. I noticed that there is a netlisting
procedure which somehow links the primitive with the chosen simulator
and is used for netlisting a circuit.
Can someone explain how this works and more importantly where this
procedure can be found? I assume it is a file somewhere, probably a
SKILL script.
Thanks in advance.

modifications of analoglib

Sorry, it is crypted. There are some standard netlist routines to use. But there is now way to take them as template and modify them for your specific netlist format. You have to code everything for yourselve.

procedure cadence

Can they be decrypted somehow? If Cadence is able to read them, that suggests that perhaps there's a way to decrypt.
Also, can you tell where to find those standard ones and how to use them - I mean encrypting and everything.

decrypt cadence skill code

I think it is a one-way process. By the way the netlister is about 10e-2 to 10e-3 slower than good ones. Sometimes the speed of the netlisting reach a DC operating point analysis time.

What are your specific netliost format or simulator you want to address?

skill decrypt cadence

Is it really a one-way process? Then how does Cadence read/decrypt those things.
I want to take symbols that can be netlisted for hspiceS and modify them so that I can do a netlist for eldo. There's a work-around for this - I can make a hspice netlist and use it for eldo with some modifications. But I would prefer, if possible to have analog artist do the netlist directly for eldo.

decrypt cadence skill

You have to use the open simulation system. It enables the use of standard spice primitive netlist routines. So you can define your own netlist view. That is the way to integrate third party simulators. But be warned cadence does open the backannotation interface for open usage like display of op analysis results. That is the way how cadence make the use of external tool uncomfortable.

Did you hear about some front-ends using XML to have a complete open enviroment?

decrypt hspice netlist -site:experts-exchange.com

Oh, got completely lost here. Can ypu explai what is this open simulation system? Can it be used with IC5.033?

No, I have not heard of any FE using XML.

siminfo->hspices

Hi,

the documentation to the open simulation system can be found in the doc-folder of ic5 ($cds_installdir/doc/ossref). you also can search in the finder for functions that starts with nl**** or hnl*****. these functions have influence on the netlisting-procedure. but i never used such functions.

greetings,
hqqh

i have written a post to a skill question, i have:

maybe you have some idea?
thanks

netlist procedure

Sorry, I can't help you with the SKILL question.

decrypt cadence skill file

I want to find the format of the netlistProcedure too. But failed.

sutapanaki said:
Also, can you tell where to find those standard ones and how to use them - I mean encrypting and everything.

To encrypt a skill file, just run skill command (in CIW):
encrypt(source_file encrypted_file)
source_file and encrypted_file are file names( type of string).

The encrypted netlistProcedures are most likely in a context. but I haven't looked to see which one. You cannot decrypt them.

It may be easier to write perl and postprocess one of the netlist formats you are writting.

If you want to replace a nettlistProcedure in hspiceS, you might try changing the CDF for one of the primitives. Edit the base siminfo section of the primitive and replace the netlistProcedure with one of you own. The netlist procedure wiill need to eventually write to a file id that's passed into your netlistprocedure. the fileid will point to the netlist file.

procedure(mynetlistprocedure(@rest x)

foreach(y x
printf("dpl contains %L\n" y->??)
)

)

should show you the contents of the disembodied property list that is passed to mynetlistprocedure when the netilst is generated. Start with a schematic containing two of you primitives that call mynetilstrocedure in the siminfo
the dpl will also containn the nets passed in parameters and so on.

skilldesigner@yahoo.com

suta sorry if you have found the solution, but maybe it could be useful for many others. The things you need to do are, take the mentor analog lib, do a cdfdump of the llibrary for which you need eldo netlisting support. then also do a cdfdump for the mentor analoglib. then copy the siminfo section for each of the devices(nmos,pmos,all other standard device components into the cadence analoglib). then load this cdf, thats it you are done. but even after this you need to have models which support eldo. these companies are crazy, they never support interoperability.

amarnath

Dear All :
If I want to decrypt the skill, How do I do that ? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back