Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Netlist extraction from HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Currently, I'm trying to start work with HFSS software.

I did simple stripline and I want to export it's model to cadence virtuoso. I can export it by s2p file and use it with nport, but I want to get it in a netlist view too.
So, I found there are two able spice netlist types: full wave spice and lumped element low bandwidth netlist (by the way, is there any ability to specify for which frequency netlist is generated?). The second one is usual spice netlist and I can import it in cadence without any problem.
I'm wondering how to use first one in cadence simulations? It is looks like this:

Code:
subckt Strip_line_Full ( 1 2 )
Vam1 ( 1 n2 ) vsource type=dc dc=0
Rport1 ( n2 0 ) resistor r=50 isnoisy=no
Vam2 ( 2 n4 ) vsource type=dc dc=0
Rport2 ( n4 0 ) resistor r=50 isnoisy=no 

There are port's resistance into netlist, what I should do if I want to check this stripline with sp analysis in cadence (where port already has resistance)?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back