Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Neopixel dma callbacks.

Xenon02

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello !

I've order today neopixels and tried to find some codes or info how do they work and found this website : https://www.thevfdcollective.com/blog/stm32-and-sk6812-rgbw-led. I wanted to ask of somebody know whether the callbacks will execute in time ? I don't know how to measure it because the callbacks aren't small but it is necessery to be inside of the callbacks and not in the while loop as I read. Just wondered how to measure it because as far as I know when the first half callback is triggered the DMA still works in the background while the callback is being executed, how do I know that this half transfer callback will be finished in executing before the full tranfer callback will be triggered ?

Second thing I wondered why in led render there in the beginning is hal stop dma, when in full transfer callback of the dma there is also stop dma. I wondered only or the led render function. So far I've been reading this code and understood it, and going to modify it a bit. I've also found one more of these codes but didn't understand it a bit ...

Thanks for any help in understanding the code !

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: