Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Negative Capacitor Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisawoods

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone have experience of designing a Negative Capacitor circuit ? I would like some help if possible

lisawoods said:
Does anyone have experience of designing a Negative Capacitor circuit ? I would like some help if possible

There is an active circuit with one opamp called NIC (negative impedance converter) which transforms a real load component (resistor or capacitor) into its negative equivalent. Therefore, search for NIC circuit (in each opamp application book or paper).

NIC are very interesting things and it has difficult explanation. You must go deeper to understand it. :D

fubsyman said:
NIC are very interesting things and it has difficult explanation. You must go deeper to understand it. :D
Sorry, I cannot agree on this. It´s basic to calculate NIC properties - and also to understand the principle, provided one knows what a controlled source is.

whats the best reference source on this.. i want to match an antenna using a NIC circuit

The purpose of antenna matching is either maximum SNR (receiver) or efficiency (transmitter). It neither works with an active circuit as a NIC.

Fvm

i think you are wrong, it is an alternative to matching electrically small antenna. Which are very difficult to match because of the very high Q Factor. Using a passive network to match the antenna will introduce significant losses into the overall system. NIC can overcome this to some degree and improve the match to the antenna without the big losses associated with a traditional passive network.

If you can show a reasonable solution, I'll agree about being wrong. Is it a RX or TX antenna?

Are you referring to loading the antenna, not impedance matching for power transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.