Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Needs Help in 4-bit Phase Shifter Fabrication

Status
Not open for further replies.

monolothics

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,,

I want to design a 4-bit phase shifter using HP/LPF using FET,

what i want to ask is which method that can be use to fabricate this phase shifter??

i can't realizing the phase shifter with MMIC methods because there's no MMIC foundry in my country

but what i had in mind is using PCB and using a photoetching process is it possible??.

Thx

Yes its possible but due to technology limitation you may get lower bandwidth than MMIC.
Check if the current design is sufficient bandwidth then just approach local PCB manufacturer to get it fabricated.

okay,
thanks for the answer
i'll approach our local PCB manufacturer:smile:

also if i may ask

what the best methods to realizing the lumped element filter into microstrip filter for 4-bit LPF/HPF phase shifter??
i propose a stepped impedance methods to realizing the filter, but the result is not quite good.

o yeah, the substrate, which is the best to used??
i work on duroid 5870, but after searching in the web, most of people using FR-4

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.