Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Needed Ideas for Biomedical projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

ananth_bme

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I'm into the final year of my BE in BME. i jus wanna do something new regarding my final year projects.

Can anyone please help me ???

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Ananth

I didn't get any useful projects :( For apnea monitor, can u pls mail me the details???

Last edited:

1. Unless you want to get spammed by spybots, you'll edit your post and remove you email address.
2. Forums are intended for answers to be posted here, for your benefit now, and for others in the future.
3. In Google'ing >biomedical FYP final year project<, you couldn't find any project titles that interest you?

Are you looking for completed projects that you can just copy?

Ken

I've gotta new idea.... to make a biotelemetry system based on GPRS transreceiving. But may i know where to get the resources for these... like what kinda modem to use?, which PIC i can use? , how to transfer the acquired biosignal from the amplifiers to the GPRS modem or phone, etc.

pls Help....

ananth :)

Big project. Start at the beginning. What do you know about any of the steps? What biological parameters will you measure? What sensors will you use to measure the parameters? What instrumentation are you familiar with to convert the sensor outputs to a current/voltage/frequency signal? What micro-controllers are you familiar with? What programming languages do you know? All this before you even get to the GPRS point.

Ken

jus gonna start frm a single parameter, ECG... ll b using LM324 IC based amplifier... also thinking of using PIC 16FXXX

An LM324 is not a good amplifier for this purpose. Google: instrumentation opamp ECG
I'm not a PIC user so you will have to determine the chip that has adequate speed, ADC input range, and storage for processing the input and generating the output.
Ken

Start by writing a user story of the requirements. Define the user and if necessary other stakeholders; what is used to solve the current problem and what the benefits of the new system will be. Stay out of the solution domain until you have a very good understanding of the requirements

To be frank i jus wanna complete the proj to get my degree... so help me with the requirements for the telemetry system

The purpose of the project is to train and test your skills to solve a problem in a stuctured way. To start off you need to specify the requirements( and the scope) for the telemetry system :
Input data format(ISO model)
Output data format(ISO model)
Update rate
Error correction
Transmission distance
Single or multiple clients (addressing)

@ ananth ..
first of all telemetry based projects are not new in biomedical engg. There's normally atleast one project per year on telemetry in the college I finished my engg from (mumbai university) and as a general trend for such BE projects, most students end up finishing only the telemetry part or the signal processing part, which means to complete this project you will have to work your a** off.
I assume you are in TE right now. If you want to go ahead with the project, start working on the schematics from now onwards as this is a big project. Speak to your professors and make sure they can help out with this (at least one section). For components check the catalog of your local components shop. Check what they have and then decide what you can use. Proper components (industry standard) can be difficult to get locally.
For the ECG part google up for 'open ecg project'. Check out their work. Find a simple analog circuit and try to implement it successfully before half way stage. One member of your group (assuming you have one -- we had min 2/ max 3) should be working on the digital section throughout. I have no idea about GPRS but you can consult some professor from electronics/telecomm section. They may also advise you about any other technology simpler than GPRS and which they are comfortable with.

i chose GPRS coz it ll have long distance transmission than any other ... also i'm nt into any signal processing part. jus gonna acquire, transmit, receive n display in a PC... may be using java based frontend

Ananth... Actullaly i did a project like same concept... if possible contact me i will suggest you... (skumar_r1@yahoo.co.in)

I did " Biomedical Sleep Inducer" . It was a simple project . I give you a breif description ;
Tackle insomnia by fiddling with the basic electronic components and transforming them into a device. This mini project generates type of geo-magnetic-fields and it helps the brain surrounded by an ideal environment for a sound sleep.I also refer you a link ,
biomedical engineer

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.