Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Needed Help on Simple Equivalent Circuit Model from HFSS into Schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

frodonet

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I have been having some issue in making my antenna design into a equivalent circuit model. I have managed to export it from HFSS into a library PSPICE file.

Screenshot_1.jpg

After I exported it, i use this PSPICE AD lite edition to open the library file. At first i saved it into a .cir file and then i try to run the simulation but then it says devices are not found. I really dont have any idea on pspice. I have attached the export pspice lib file as well.

Screenshot_2.jpg

Another thing, how can i transform this into a schematic file?

View attachment bd26.rar
Can anyone help me?:sad:

You should not save this file as .cir file. You need to use this as .lib file or model file. You need to connect proper input & load to this subckt model. That would be complete circuit and it should work.
Example
V1 1 0 SIN 0 1 1Meg 0 0 0
R1 2 0 50
X1 1 2 1233
.tran 1n 100n
.probe
.lib bd26.lib
.end

In this example I have used you subcircuit model 1233 and connected an Sin source of 1V 1megHZ at it's input and terminated the model (or load) of 50 Ohm

This should work.
However I guess, this circuit may be too large for Lite edition. PSpice lite may not support this big circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back