Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Neede Help translating Allegro PCB files to Altium Designer PCB files

Status
Not open for further replies.

monica.figueiredo

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need your help!

I have an evaluation board in allegro .brd format file and I need to use it in Altium designer. To make a translation, it is necessary to have a licensed copy of Allegro PCB installed, which I don't have.

Is there anyone that could do this for me, if I send him the .brd file and complete instructions on how to do it? You don't need to have Altium installed, just Allegro PCB.

Let me know...
Thank you!

That link says exactly the opposite.
If you attempt to import a binary Allegro Design File (*.brd) using the Import Wizard and you do not have Allegro installed locally, the import process is suspended and a warning dilaog is displayed. In this case, import an ASCII version of the design file that has been created through the Allegro ASCII file extraction process (as outlined above).

What version of Allegro? You can't import Allegro 17 at all, need to export it as ALG.

I need your help!

I have an evaluation board in allegro .brd format file and I need to use it in Altium designer. To make a translation, it is necessary to have a licensed copy of Allegro PCB installed, which I don't have.

Is there anyone that could do this for me, if I send him the .brd file and complete instructions on how to do it? You don't need to have Altium installed, just Allegro PCB.

Let me know...
Thank you!

Hi Monica,

To do it without Allegro installed you need an Allegro export in *.ALG format (not *.BRD). Note: this can end up being a large file (several 100MBs!).

So, you need someone with Allegro to generate the *.alg.

I do not have Allegro, but have previously found support with this exact problem from others on this site.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back