Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need voltmeter ammeter for PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooter

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need help with voltmeter ammeter for PSU

Hi everyone, I am new to this board and very new to micro controllers. I have searched for weeks trying to find a design suitable and so far nothing fits my needs.

I am building a power supply 0-30V 0-3A

Code:
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/power/001/index.html

I would like to have a LCD volt and ammeter to monitor its output.

This is the design I am starting with
Code:
http://www.electronics-lab.com/blog/?p=5417

The problem with this design and most all the others I can find is it only displays one decimal place.

I would like for it to have a resolution of 0.05mV and 0.05mA and display at least 2 or 3 decimal places.

I've seen this requested on many sites, only for most to say it is very difficult floating point math, but it never got truly addressed or answered.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Re: Need help with voltmeter ammeter for PSU

I have made a digital voltmeter you can use as voltmeter part, as ammeter part use a piece of cable (you must know the resistance per meter) or a high powered low valued resistor (shunt resistor - generally aluminium shield resistor). The microcontroller is pic16f877a and 1602B lcd screen, and codes in pic ccs c complier.

Attachments

• Voltmeter.zip
    145.5 KB · Views: 102

Re: Need help with voltmeter ammeter for PSU

Thanks very much. It will be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.