Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need voice alarm for digital clock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chop_song

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone!

pls help me find a site where i can download a voice telling the time..i will be using it for the alarm of my digital clock...Im having a project right now entitled: MCU based digital clock with alarm system... Im using ATMEGA32 as the MCU... this MCU has limited memory of 32k byte self-Programmable flash.. the size of the files (voice) must be less so that it can be save to the MCU..

this clock will alarm 8 times.. it will start at 7:00 am, then alarm again at 8:30, then 10:00,11:30,1:00,2:30,4:00,5:30., with the intervals of 1:30 ....

i tried to record my voice using the recorder software (wav file) but it cost big size of memory...which my MCU cant cater...

can anyone here suggest something about this? wat other file other than wav,mp3 has lower size of memory?

is there a free software found in the net that converts file like wav to be converted into small size and still out the desired voice?

you can suppress the your voice frequency and try..
bits per rate..that you can do by audio format changer..

I think it is not possible to use microcontroller to store voice.

Better to have a voice record and playback chip with avr

regards
Nandhu

you can use ISDxxxx voice recording chip with diferent store size :) from 14 sek to 8 min digital controll, different messages all you need

regards syrax

you can try for .MIDI file.
but for that you need Audio frequency changer Software, which converts your file from one to another format.
please find on google.

PS:: i am just guessing because in our mobile we can see the difference of file size..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.