Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need urgent help for Xilinx FPGA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDA_hg81

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
By accident, we have connected the Vcco for LVDS output signals from 2.5V to 3.3V on PCB.

We still can assign the signals to LVDS level inside program, but the I/O voltage at outside is 3.3V.

What we should do to correct this?

We do not have time to fix PCB.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

EDA_hg81 said:
By accident, we have connected the Vcco for LVDS output signals from 2.5V to 3.3V on PCB.

We still can assign the signals to LVDS level inside program, but the I/O voltage at outside is 3.3V.

What we should do to correct this?

We do not have time to fix PCB.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mmmm... That is a tough one.
Here is what I will do. I am assuming your LVDS does not run that fast and you have series
and parallel termination. I will play with the termination to get close to the LVDS level. But
watch out for signal integrity issue. I will use either Hyperlynx or Cadence for simulation.
If your LVDS do tri-state, then you may put a cap in parallel to slow the rising and falling
edge so between bits will be closed to 2.5V. But that will mean different level depending
on your bit rate.

There is no way inside the FPGA that you can do to give you a 2.5V output.

The last resort is to fix the PCB.

Good luck,

Gunship

EDA_hg81

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back