Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need to learn how to solder, please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpt321

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, I want to learn to solder and would like to learn at home. I’ve seen some kits available online but most look like their made for children. I want something professional, something that is worth the money. I’ve have no exerience with this but am a very fast learner. If anyone knows about how I can begin my learning please help. By the way, I plan on repairing mobile phones.

For start You should begin with smaller project, later you can make some programmer for PIC and AVR.

Buy hot air solder station. Practice and desoldering also.

You can read this material :

EPE "Basic Soldering Guide"

Soldering 101

Soldering Guide

Just type in google search field "soldering tutorial", youtube video material also are very useful.

Later You should go on SMD field....

Soldering is very easy. It took me few minutes to master it. All you have to do is see some tutorial and buy a soldering rod and a lead and some connecting wires. Try with the connecting wires in the beginning though I believe it is very easy to solder PCBs.

a cheap soldering iron will give you the basics of angles and speed required (length of time to heat up to melting temp) angle is ensure that you get BOTH parts that need soldering to the sametemp at the same time.
Hot air is good but I wouldnt recomend it for someone that has never picked up a proper iron
To start with find an old radio or printer and DESOLDER everything on it then try and put it back together (it will never work againso dont use something you want)
Its all about practice dont expect to be able to hit a 128pin quad on your first attempt start simply and work at it some people are natural others HAVE to work at at youtube is a good source
Although in a lot of videos the guy cant say soLder they say sodder so not a good start really lol if they cant even say the word how are you expected to learn)
OH yeah MIND YOUR FINGERS and buy a soldering iron stand they are INVALUBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back