Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to learn about HyperTerminal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganavel9783

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys..

I'm want to use hyperterminal to send & receive text files between PC and PIC16f877A thats is connected serially.

can some1 suggest a site where i could learn about the settings for hyperteminal to do the task mentioned above?

thanks..

Everyone uses 8n1 (8bits per serial word, no parity, 1 stop bit).
The speed setting depends on what your microcontroller is configured to use (a function of it's clock frequency and UART settings).
The port setting in hyperterminal will need to be set to the number of the port you are using on the PC.

I dislike the hyperterminal user interface. I usually use terminal from win95 instead.
A terminal program with more feature was mentioned in a reccent thread

Serial only provides byte-level transfer. What you need is a transfer protocol. You can read up on the standard XModem, YModem and ZModem protocols (in increasing level of functionality and complexity). Of course, the PIC should implement the protocol as well. And dont expect blazing speed from the humble serial port.

same topic has been discussed in the boeard go n check them
cheeeeeeers
take care

Status
Not open for further replies.