Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need to know about upconverters

Status
Not open for further replies.

R110

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
I need to know about digital upconverters ( both base band to RF and IF to RF upconversion) . I want to know about the principles of it's operation and the effects of this part (in a digital transmitter) on the other parts , and also the effects of the other parts ( e.g. power amplifier ) on upconverter. I study about DVB-T transmitters and I focused on this part.

Why should we convert it from BB to IF and then to RF , Why not directly from BB to RF.in the second case we can have fully digital upconverters in the configuration of the trasmitter and it would be more reliable ( by using digital filters ) and may be more economical! . but there is another question , why most of the DVB_t transmitter manufacturers use another kind of configuration ( BB to IF and then If to RF) ? Is it because of technological constraints or something else?

as use see I have lots of questions in this area and I'm looking for a kind gentle person to get understood.

If you are one , just let me know to leave you no time to scratch your head :wink:

have a nice time
Ramin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back