Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need suggestions on sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyrei

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hye everyone..
Recently there are many products built to detect alcohol percentage in human's breath. But..i was thinking, is there any suitable sensor can be used to detect alcohol (for ex: ethanol) in liquid or maybe in a solid (for ex: food)? please help me..i've been searching for many types of sensors..but all i found were not suitable..
Any suggestions are welcome :D
THANKS..

well you can use density (for liquid alcohol) and then according to its depth inside the liquid calculate amount

thanx ama_trig..

but..is it possible to use photodetector to detect the existence of alcohol?
due to my research..ethanol has its own wavelength range in infrared spectroscopy..
or is there any specific infrared sensor could be used to detect alcohol in liquid?

You may consider MQ-2 or MQ-5 which are manuafctured by Hanwei electronics. have a look at thier website for more info about various other sensors too..the site is in chinnese. use Google translator to view in English......Cheers
https://www.hwsensor.com

Status
Not open for further replies.