Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need suggestion for building a Attenuator

Status
Not open for further replies.

imuuu_imran

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i want to build a Broad-band active variable attenuator from this tutorial. **broken link removed**. Here they used a MACOM MA4P202 PIN diode in chip form for building this attenuator. I want to know If I order this PIN-diode prom MACOM, will I get the PIN-diode only in the chip form or will I get a package? because I think if it is not possible to have the PIN-diode in chip form then I have to change the design of the attenuator because of the package. Any suggestion guys?? HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

It is normal for some component in chip, and the same component in package.
You can select from the datasheet of the vendor.

Raw Chip devices are not available for public, but you may find packaged version of this diode..

In this tutorial at page 10 it is written "a MaCom MA4P202 PIN diode was chosen as it’s operating frequency range is
specified as 50MHz to 18GHz and is available in chip form". While I am searching for the datasheet of this diode, got a "Packaged PIN Diodes" pdf in the MACOM site. pindiode ma4p202.jpg Is this means that this PIN-diode is available in chip form?? Can anybody ensure me?? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back