Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some help wiring up a circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuggaloZeke

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm a beginner electronics user, actually going to school for Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, but I just started. I've always enjoyed working with electronics, even with the limited knowledge I have.

On my motorcycle I want to eliminate the rear fender. Only problem is, the rear turn signals are mounted to the rear fender. I can solve this by integrating them into the brake light pods. My bike came stock with just one brake light. It has two empty pods on either side, stock. I previously modified those two spare pods and put in extra brake lights to make myself more visible so there are currently two extra dual filament lights that currently function as additional running and brake lights.

Now, I was thinking, I would like to integrate those rear turn signals into those two pods but keep some brake light functionality. In other words, during normal operation the regular running light (low filament) would operate on the center brake light. During braking the center light would be on (high filament) while the side pods would be on (low filament), creating a large brake light during braking. Now, turn signals would operate on the high filament on either side pod, I can do all this but the part I can't figure out how to get to work properly would be this: When the turn signal is activated I'd like the brake light on that pod to be non-functional. I just cannot figure out how to accomplish this.

At first I was thinking a DPDT relay, the turns hooked up to one pole on the NO circuit, the brake light hooked to the other pole on the NC circuit, but that wouldn't kill the brake lights while the turn signal was in use, it would just be a more complicated way to do the drawing I have below, I could accomplish the same thing by simply wiring the turn signal hot wire to the high filament and the brake to the lowe filament in the current setup and it would do the same thing, like this:

**broken link removed**

I always think to hard about this type of stuff and end up giving myself a headache. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back