Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some help on IC5.033

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutapanaki

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ipcisaliveprocess connection timeout

Hi,

Here is the problem. I have IC5.033 running on RH8.0. Today, when i typed icfb at the command prompt, I got the CIW open, but it hanged very soon after displaying the message of the number of color bits that I use. It hanged and no signs of life although Linux became very slow when I tried to do other things with it.
I waited for 10 min but nothing changed. Whatever I see in CIW is also written in CDS.log and nothing more. So, I really don't know what is happening. Interesting thing is that everything worked perfectly up until yesterday. Can someone give any hints? Or at least what can I do to see what is going on? Thanks

Hi

1. Could you run with another user than yourself. I mean another user login?
2. If you could (answer of 1 is yes) so:

delete at your Personal home folder!!! the files and folders starting with "." (dot) (but not .cshrc, .bash, .profile, ...) and all CDS log files (includes cds.log and ...), then test and let me to know what is the result.

I think it is better you to remove all the above mentioned files in a backup folder for more safty than direct removing them.

tnx

The first thing I did today after getting to know about the problem was to try and start icfb from another user (I have 3 on the PC). No luck, the result was the same - hanging forever.

You probably installed a software that has changed changed you XF86Config-4.
Cadence need 8bits or 24bits colors to run.
First check the date of your XF86Config-4, and check if a backup exists or not.
If not, try to change your display back to 24bits colors (or 8bits).
Good Luck! :wink:

I wish that were the reason. As I said yesterday evening everything was working ok and since then I have not installed anything in Linux. Just switched the PC off yesterday and switched it on today and it doesn't work anymore. An I'm using 24 bit color scheme.

ok,check your license server is ok?
Use command $lmstat -a -c to see if your license server is up or down.

It may be caused by license server.

For some reason now I managed to get through the initialization process. But when I tried to open Lib Manager I got stuck again and here is the message in the CIW:

cdsServIpc: ipcIsAliveProcess connection timeout
Waiting for ipc:0 to initialize
Waiting for ipc:0 to initialize

Anyone know what this mean?

Hi Sutapanaki,
I think you have a problem with network.
During starting icfb checks all hosts in your network and disks on your computer.
If you have network config or disk mounting problems icfb will try to explore its
for a long time.
Good luck!

something was wrong when you shutdown the pc last time.

I assume that something might have gone wrong when I shut the pc. I remember Linux was doing some activity, because the disk was constantly in motion. Linux does this after some time everytime I log in for about 5min. I think it is checking its integrity/database etc. And the computer was shut down during this time, although to me it shouldn't have caused problems.
Anyways, everything is working fine now. I don't know how it got fixed, just 3 days after I started having those problems, I logged in again and it was working.

Status
Not open for further replies.