Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Need some help for a DC based application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madcat_sean

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys, I have been looking for a cheep way to use my Pentax *ist DL camera and get away from using just 4 Nimh batteries that only last about 2 hours or so.

Yeah I know it's sounds silly but I don't want to spend $125for a battery that will last 6-8 hours when i can make the same thing for $15-30?

All in all here is my question

The port on my camera is a size "M" DC 6.5Volt input, I want to use the RC car style batteries (aka the 12Volt ones) with a quick connect style tips like the RC Car based ones.

I have been looking about and trying to find out if you use a LM317 based Voltage adjuster if that would hold the right current to power it and also not have the resister fry from the 12Volts?

here is one I looked up but I have seen pre-built kits that look great but I'm not sure if I would be able to use it.

(had to use the [dot] tag as this be my first post and them not letting me post links)

www[dot]ladyada.net/library/equipt/diypsupp.html

or the pre-built ones here...

www[dot]allspectrum.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1602

so I like the pre-built ones but will they get to hot being in a small in-closed plastic box?

Any help on this would be great!
Thanks in Adv,
Sean B.

There's no need to hang a box on the side of your camera. Try a lithium ion rechargeable version of the CR-V3 that will fit in your camera. Many 1400mAH versions are available for ≈$16.00. If you get two batteries and a charger that will work in a car, you should be covered for most situations.
Amazon.com: 2P Battery + Charger for Li-Ion CR-V3 CRV3 RCR-V3 +CAR: Electronics

This one claims 2000mAH capacity.
**broken link removed**

Thx for that I looked into them and most people were saying to just stay way from some versions of the CR-V3s. not really sure why but, I'll look into getting a pair and seeing how long they last on a full charge, Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back