Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Some Guidance For Combinational Assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnybgood

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
View attachment A1 - Combinational Logic.pdf

My problem is that it doesn't specify how many bits I will design for the inputs and if the inputs would be in BCD etc... If we were to take it as it is up to us on the number of bits; what do you guys recommend and in what format bdc signed/unsigned etc? I immagine that one of the inputs will have to be signed for subtraction A + (-B) am i right?

I also be grateful if anyone would go through step by step how i can fully satisfy part a). I only need some points (checklist) the rest its up to me (i still want to do my own homework ;).

Which IC (Subtractor IC) are you supposed to use ? The number of inputs and whether the inputs would be in BCD etc, can be known by going through the datasheet of the IC.

thanks for your interest, things are much clearer now since I did my homework and went through some good books and the internet on this matter. From the pdf I attached in the first post, do you think a one-bit subtractor would be enough in part a) ? I would appreciate if you would have a look at my assignment when I finish it and give me some tips on where to improve or change maybe.

thanks

Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back