Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some advice on starting working with PICs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Start with PICs

JDM type is a hardware design. It is the software that has to support the devices. winpic800 and icprog both support 16F877 & 16F877A programming.

Cheers

Ravi

a small question please

do i have to work with windows 98 when using JDM programmer and ICprog
or it is okay to work on windowsXP

are there certain settings in the PC i should change to interface with the programmer

thanks,
Salma

salma ali bakr said:
a small question please

do i have to work with windows 98 when using JDM programmer and ICprog
or it is okay to work on windowsXP

are there certain settings in the PC i should change to interface with the programmer

thanks,
Salma

The winpic800 and icprog works with all windows version. In XP and 2000, I believe that you have to give read / write access for the software to use the serial port.

Cheers

Ravi

and how can i give a read/write access to the software please

thanks,
Salma

I am sorry, I can't help you on this since I am still using WIN98 :)

Cheers

Ravi

HAI

icprog works in winXp ;

A driver file is supplied with in older versions.(ICPROG.sys)

There is an option in settings to enable support for win nt.

Enable that option and it will work fine.:)D)

picstudent

The best way to start would be with a simulator.

I suggest strongly misim:
**broken link removed**

You can write assembler code in it, debug in it and have some virtual peripherals as well.

For choosing a real PIC then it will depends for what you need that µC. I started with 16F627A and soon will be getting some others.

If i were u i would start wiz PIC16F84 ... i start wiz it and it was too easy (35 ins. only)

Hi
easiest and well known PIC is 16f84. it works very good for most of the circuit.
easiest hardware for PIC programming is JDM programmer.
easiest software for programming is MICROCODE STUDIO for writing the program in BASIC and converting it to hex and ICPROG for loading the HEX file into the PIC.
search the words
JDM for hardware.if you dont find! tell me.
MICROCODE STUDIO
ICPROG
also visit the www.oshonsoft.com for simulator and circuit diagrams.
good luck.

PIC16F84A, with free MPLAB assembler from Microchip.com, tons of all kinds of document for 16F84A from the internet, is the best for beginning programming microcontroller, this is my opinion.

nguyennam

Status
Not open for further replies.